A blog for the all the retro nostalgia inside of us. Come here for great posts about different action figures, video games, movies, music, and more..

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Mattel GUTS!

Hello out there! Welcome to Retro-Action Reaction! I am trying the blogging thing, mainly because I would like to find others out there who have same interests as me, and but also to help me practice and improve my writing skills. That being said, onto my first post!

When I was a kid I was at a thrift store with my mom once and I found a bag full these rubber army men. They were the coolest things I had ever seen up until then. Some of them were underwater divers, and others were Rambo commando types. My favorites, however, were the ones that looked like spacemen with weapons. My mom bought that bag that day and as a kid those soldiers became and integral part of my backyard battles. I have lost of few of them since then I still have most of them in my collection.

I did not find out what till a few years ago that the belonged to a figure line made by Mattel called GUTS!. They were made in 1986.
Heres is a carded 2 pack from my collection
 photo IMG_3134.jpg
 Back of Card

The spacemen I so greatly adored as a kid were the subset of soldiers called "Laser Fighters". The other subsets were called: Jungle fighters, Ground Troops, Green Berets, Underwater Demo Team, and  Aikido Force
 photo IMG_3133.jpg
I was missing most of them up until last year also while at Frank and Sons collectible show, a vendor had a huge ziplock bag full of them for $20. I hesitated a little, but I knew I wouldn't get another chance to get that many at once for so cheap. Buying that bag almost completed my collection. The doubles I sold on ebay and made up the entire cost for the bag! I am now only missing a few from the Underwater Demo Team.
Heres some more pics of them:
Laser Fighters
 
 photo IMG_3124.jpg
 photo 100_2183_zps473b640d.jpg
Green Berets
 photo IMG_3123.jpg
Ground Troops
 photo IMG_3116.jpg
Jungle Fighters
 photo IMG_3115.jpg
Aikido Force
 photo IMG_3113.jpg

One of the best figures lines from the 80's in my opinion.
You can find a complete checklist of them here:
http://www.figurerealm.com/checklist.php?action=checklist&seriesid=948




1 comment:

  1. Fun stuff! I had some of those "Akido Force" figures in the '80s, but I had completely forgotten about them until I saw your pictures. Good luck with your blog!

    ReplyDelete